Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Witchy Crafting

As of late I have tried to start on some DIY projects in order to make some fun, cutesy gifts for people who help with the wedding. Well. My goodness. As it turns out I suck at crafts of any kind. I have already had to solicit the help of my mama-in-law-to-be for one failed project (flower basket and ring pillow for the wedding) and NOW I seem to have made a real mess of some candles.

Warnings for those of you who might undertake this sort of project in the future:

1) There is a HUGE difference between candle dye and soap dye
2) Paraffin wax and jelly wax DO NOT layer well...the former melts and mixes into the latter and makes it foggy and gross
3) When wax hardens on all of your pots, pans, and utensils it is a BEACH to clean up. And I am talking the oily, gross, current day BP beaches. Not the fun kind.

Ok...so I melted down my candle mess and will try again today from the beginning.

WISH ME LUCK! Pictures will (might?) follow.

2 comments:

romanreb said...

Your citric acid is here. Pounds and pounds of it.

Jenny said...

WONDERFUL! let the soap bombs begin!