Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My mom and her Face Page.

Anyone who knows my mother knows that she is a smart, vibrant, fun, caring woman...who just happens to be technologically inept. Last night as I was trying to get a few things for the wedding organized before bed, she calls to me from the next room. " JENNY! I NEED HELP! WHAT IS THIS DOG DOING?!"


Uh oh. What had she found on the "interwebs" now?

Backstory: About a year ago my sister Tammy and I decided that we needed to make her a Facebook in order to keep her connected to familial goings on and pictures of people, etc. Well at first she hardly used it-- she just plain couldn't understand how. After a few months however, people that she knew (friends from work and people she knew from her youth) began adding her and writing her messages. Immediately she got very excited and began trying ever so hard to figure out how to use her "Face Page." She has become what we will call...proficient, but still needs a lot of help from me.


Cut to last night: She calls me in because she "wants to know what this dog is doing!!" I finally realize that she has seen a you tube clip that someone posted, and all of her old lady friends left "OH MY GOODNESS!" sorts of messages about this dog (who we would find out nursed a litter of kittens). Awesome. But anyway, once I showed her how to download Adobe and get the link to work and she sees what all the fuss is about she simply looks at me and replys "Oh. After all that I thought the dog would have been humping someone..."

Oh dear.  : )  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0txbXX7u5Sw

No comments: