Saturday, March 16, 2013

Gardening Week 3

I was out of town for a week and my lovely husband baby-sat the plantlings for me. He did an incredible job and I came home to this--


Every single one of the plants have sprouted, and those tiny babies from week 1? Wowiw-wow-wow!--


Zucchini-ville, here we come! Today I took all of these little guys out onto the porch for a couple hours to begin "hardening" them to the outside weather. After about a week of increasing the time they spend outside, I am going to transplant them to the garden. From there, the hardest work should be over and I will just keep waiting and watering. I am so excited and Forrest is getting into it, too! Today we went to the store and got 15 more bags of soil and filled the garden up a tad more, just to be sure there was enough. Next week's update should be a lovely first peek at the outside garden box. Stay tuned!

No comments: