Friday, November 18, 2011

Sonogram Pictures

Last Monday I had my one and only (most likely) sonogram appointment and we found out that it's a boy! We also found out that he has a functional set of kidneys, a four chambered heart, a well formed cerebellum, a fully closed spinal cord (thank you Cheerios for fortifying with Folic Acid when I was too sick to take my vitamins), two feet, two hands, and a teeny little peenie! Here are the first pictures ever taken of Augustine!

Side view-- note the lovely spinal cord : )


The a fore-mentioned "peenie" 
I am in full on boy mode now and there is no stopping me! What used to be really puny registries at Amazon and BabiesRUs are now chock full of little animal prints, blue, green, and brown things, and (my favorite) fuzzy little hats with ears!!!! Anyone who likes to be crafty or decorative or just loves babies, feel free to email me suggestions of things to add. I must admit my friend Emily has been the one to find almost all the cute things I have added thus far. Thanks, Emily!

The main new thing I have discovered about Augie since my last post is that whenever I sit still for a while he just won't stop moving, and whenever I am moving he is still. It is funny to get ready for bed every night and have a fiesta going on in my tummy. I just love it. It doesn't keep me awake for too long, but I would rather lay awake all night feeling him have his little Taekwondo sessions than sleep anyway.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Foreman said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! And I love the name! And speaking of great names--Chris' sister just had a boy in September and named him Forest :)

And I miss all those jumping jacks and the kick boxing...Kenna would have hiccups EVERY night, just as I was getting comfy in bed!

Best of luck to Pea and Carrot...and now "Lil Pea"!
Elizabeth