Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Butternut Squash

9/18/12
Today you tried butternut squash. You seemed to like it, but your "eating skills" are still a little lacking. You just want to nurse the spoon, or you try to grab my food-covered fingers and nurse them. You are VERY interested in food, though, so I suspect you will get the hang of it pretty quickly. Right now I just give you a try of something every few days-- maybe once a week. You have become aware of what is "food" and get upset if anyone eats in front of you without sharing. Sometimes mama gives you a small taste or a lick if it is a "pure" food (like a soft, plain fruit). Your favorite thing is to grab my water bottle and try to sip the spout whenever I take a drink of it while holding you. When you see it you lunge toward it with both hands and an open mouth. You are stinkin' adorable. 

No comments: