Monday, July 9, 2012

Augie's First trip to Corpus Christi!

For the Fourth of July holiday weekend Forrest, Augie and I made a trip to Corpus Chrsti to see my parents and visit with my sister Tammy and nephew Kaleb who were visiting, too. We had a lot of fun and Augie got to see the Texas State aquarium! He was in a trance the whole time we were looking at the fish tanks. It was fun seeing his little wheels turn as he tried to figure out what was going on!



We also, in lieu of going downtown to see the fireworks (way past Augie's bedtime), had a little display in our backyard. This was courtesy of my nephew Kaleb bringing a garbage bag full of fun goodies (all small things that were legal to have in a neighborhood). Forrest had fun helping Kaleb set them off, and I got a few good pictures of the festivities!




My dad, being the ever-crafty carpenter that he is, whittled Aug his first little sword/knife/blade(?), and I have to say I appreciated that it was just made of wood.



Even though his birthday wasn't until Sunday, my mom insisted we take Forrest out for a birthday meal and so he chose Kiko's Mexican Restaurant. I think the picture says it all.



We had a good trip, and hopefully next time we go Augie will be big enough to go to the beach!

No comments: